You’re 3 days from getting on the plane for your liveaboard dive trip with All Star Liveaboards. All of a sudden it hits you…”What am I going to pack?”
No worries, we can help. In addition to a Packing Checklist on each All Star Liveaboard’s Trip Info page, we made this handy-dandy liveaboard packing list to make it easier to get ready for your trip. Check out this infographic, or scroll down to find the copy/paste-friendly typed-out version below!
Always remember, you’re more likely to pack too much than too little. There’s an awful lot of stuff on this liveaboard packing list, but you probably don’t need to bring everything on it!
Consider renting some dive gear on the liveaboard or packing fewer outfits than you think you’ll need in a worst-case scenario. There’s not usually tons of extra room on a dive boat, so try to keep your liveaboard packing list short but effective!
The Ultimate Liveaboard Packing List, Typed Out
Here’s a typed-out version of our liveaboard packing list for you to copy/paste! Not everything on this list is absolutely necessary, but consider your own needs and make your decisions based on that.
Also, we’re in a bit of a COVID situation, currently, so make sure you check up-to-date information sources about travel and safety!
- Refillable Water Bottle
- Coffee Mug (Non-breakable, that won’t slide or tip over easily)
- Two Beach Towels
- Sunscreen (Reef-Save, Oil-Free)
- Motion-Sickness Remedy
- Any Other Meds You Need
- Mole Skin (For Fin Rubs)
- Basic Toiletries
- Electronics Chargers
- Eye Masks/Earplugs to Sleep
- Lip Balm
- Leave-in Conditioner (Reef-Safe)
- Socks to Prevent Fin Rubs
- Hat (*Important*)
- Sunglasses (*Super Important*)
- Bathing Suits
- Casual Shorts/Sweats/Tees
- Rain/Wind Jacket
- One Set of Lightweight PJs
- One Set of Warm PJs
- Flip Flips/Sandals/Deck Shoes
- Water Shoes (For Shore Excursions)
- Sundress or Collared Shirt (If Your Cruise Has Fancier Events)
- Money (For Port Night and Crew Gratuity)
- Favorite Snacks
- Book to Read
- Deck of Cards
- Underwater Camera
- Dive Logbook
- Dive Certification Card(s)
- Pressure Gauge
- Computer/Dive Watch + Depth Gauge
- Dive Booties
- Dive Lights
- Tank Light/Glow Stick
- Small Dry Bag
- Mesh Laundry Bag
Stuff to Store Securely
Most liveaboards will store your luggage and whatever else you don’t need at the offices at the dock or in the hold of the ship.
- Return-Home Clothing/Makeup
- Anything Inessential on the Boat
Stuff to Not Bring
- Dedicated Mesh Dive Gear Bag or Other Specialty Luggage (You can leave these at the secure dock storage after unloading on the boat)
- Tanks and Weight (The boat will supply these)
Bonus: Some Good Tips for Your Liveaboard Trip
- If you’re traveling solo and have indicated a willingness to share a cabin with a stranger, BRING PAJAMAS – They might differ from you in climate control preferences!
- Consider taking oral meds, ginger, peppermint, an acupressure band, or a motion sickness patch just in case you get seasick!
- As the seasons change, plus you’re diving and wet, you might get cold – So consider packing some long pants/sleeves!
- Bonus, Bonus Tip: Packing more swimsuits means you won’t have to put on as many cold, wet ones!
- Cotton is slow-drying, and a liveaboard is a wet environment, so consider bringing only microfiber towels and synthetic clothing for topside so it will dry more quickly!
- Most liveaboards require divers to bring their own mask, fins, and snorkel, but there are often spares onboard incase yours get lost or broken! (Try to plan ahead if you need to rent equipment, though)
- Dive certification courses are usually available during the trip, so (if arranged ahead of time), it can be a great opportunity to earn specialty certifications!
- Bring a small dry bag to keep essentials from getting soaked on deck! A mesh laundry bag for mask and snorkel and even water shoes can come in handy for shore excursions, too!
Book a Liveaboard Diving Trip With Us!
All Star Liveaboards has dive boats and yacht charters in the Bahamas, British Virgin Islands, Cuba, Indonesia, and the Philippines. So pick a destination, go back over this liveaboard packing list, pack your bag like a pro, and come have the time of your life with us!