For more than 36 years, Blackbeard’s Cruises has been taking scouts and scouting groups to dive sites in the Bahamas. The trips are life-changing – from the first breath underwater to the feeling of zero gravity and from the discovery of marine life to earning the Scuba Merit badge. It’s our pleasure to introduce scouts to a skill they can carry with them throughout their lives … besides it’s fun, too!
Just like scouting, the philosophy behind SCUBA (Self-Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus) encourages the quest and challenge for adventure, knowledge development and personal growth.
- A variety of safe ocean dives – walls, reefs, wrecks, a blue hole and a high-speed drift
- All dives conducted with maximum depth of 40- 60-feet (dependent on scout’s age)
- Marine life education
- Valuing and protecting our environment
- An engaging crew
- Meals and snacks to power divers all day long
- Learning opportunities disguised as fun
- Above the surface activities (OK – some antics, too)
- The first of many dive trips of a lifetime
Sailing with Blackbeard’s is like scout camp but on water. No one cares that you’ve worn the same tee-shirt for 5 days straight. We won’t tell your mom you brushed your teeth every other day or that your swimming trunks are hanging off the side of the boat drying. This trip isn’t about stuff. It’s about diving, connecting with your mates, telling stories, hanging out and being a kid (scout leaders included).