Capt. Jim is awesome as is his whole crew. They made all of us feel safe and welcomed. This was my first liveaboard experience and they set the bar high. I will be back!
The Sea Explorer
The Bahamas dive liveaboard Sea Explorer was of the first of Blackbeard’s two dive liveaboard sailboats. It was originally built in 1979 for the Boy Scout High Adventure Base to take boy & girl scouts sailing & diving. When not taking out scouts, it ran dive trips. In 1981, the scouts moved their location to the Florida Keys and we ceased the partnership, although we still continue to take out scout troops. It operated out of Miami until 2006 when it moved to Freeport, Grand Bahama. It then moved to Nassau, Bahamas in 2012.
- Exceptional oceanfront and island views from the deck
- Dining – Either in the main salon or picnic style on deck.
- Bunks – There are single and double upper and lower berths. All accommodations are dormitory style. There are no private berths.
- Bathrooms (heads) – There are 3 onboard. One in each sleeping area.
- Showers – There is one onboard or you may shower on deck.
- Kitchen (galley) – Yes, a compact space where all your meals are prepped. We’re serious.
You don’t need a lot of clothes. They will be stored on a shelf in your bunk.
There is a dinghy for transportation to and from islands. It is also used for diver rescue.